Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Welcome

As a child in a yet-to-be-developed area of the U.S., I used to love to run through fields of wildflowers.  It is the quintessential image of carefree youth.  I would spend the entire afternoon in those fields if I could get away with it.  

As I was trying to think of a name for this blog, I remembered running through a field of lavender with some of my college friends many years later.  There are few words to adequately describe the feeling of sheer freedom associated with running through those fields.  We ran and ran and all around us was still field and flowers and more field and more flowers.  

In this blog, I want to build off of that feeling of freedom.  This time around, however, I want to discuss freedom and its challenges within the LGBTQA community.  More specifically, I want to write about asexuality (my area of expertise), as well as other shades of queerness:  same-sex relationships, polyamory, trans issues, queer identities, just to name a few.  

I need your help, too.  While I can speak from a position of "queer experience", I am not necessarily up-to-date on the latest developments in all of the related communities.   Therefore, if you have something to add or correct in any of my posts, please do!  That's part of the blog deal.  
Now let's put this thing into drive.  I hope you enjoy the ride!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment